"An image that comes to my mind is looking through the portal at the blue-white globe... beautiful... so fragile, so small... And I thought to myself how easy it would be to destroy all that God has created. I think as we look to the future our greatest mission might be right here at home."
|Species||Human → The Species|
|Cause of Death||Killed by the human DNA|
|Killed by||Dennis Gamble, Preston Lennox|
|Family|| Judson Ross † (father)|
Unnamed mother †
Various Children (some alive/some deceased/some unknown)
Melissa † (fiancee)
Prostitutes † (sexual encounters)
Marcy † (sexual encounter)
Marcy's Sister † (sexual encounter)
Eve † (sexual encounter)
|Abilities|| Transform to two types alien form|
Split his head in two
Penis-tentacle for impregnating females or killing
Communicate telepathically with The species member
|Played by||Justin Lazard|
Patrick Ross is the main antagonist of Species II. He was a astronaut who was a infected with alien DNA from collected soil samples from Mars. He had various half-breed sons and daughters with various women, and a pure-bred hybrid daughter, Sara, with Eve.
In the beginning of the film, Patrick Ross and his three-person space crew arrive to Mars within six months. They first collect soil samples (and unknowingly find dormant alien DNA, which infects two crew by coming on board) and place the flag of the United States of America to symbolize that the human race has crossed the vast ocean of stars from Earth to Mars. A seven-minute time gap occurs at NASA, which Patrick comes to and tells them there is no problem at all, looking forward to returning home to Earth, unaware that he and one other astronaut have been exposed to the alien DNA contained within the soil samples.
Upon returning to Earth six months later, he and his crew are subjected to a quarantine whereby they cannot engage in sexual activity for ten days. However, Patrick begins to disregard the quarantine, as, during the night of a fundraiser, he is seen making out with Marcy in a lounge room. When he is called to give a speech, the Debutante invites him to her hotel suite upstairs when he's done.
After the fundraiser, he goes up to the hotel suite to find the Debutante accompanied by her sister. Later, he is seen having unprotected sex with the Debutante and then her sister, which results in both women undergoing accelerated pregnancies and their stomachs tear open with Patrick's sons being born, and killing the two women in the process.
The next day, after he takes his sons conceived with Marcy and her sister to his family barn to hide them, he tries to consult with his father, unable to remember what happened after the fundraiser, but he ignores his problems, believing his son will one day be the President of the United States, advising him to keep his priorities straight.
On the night of the final day of the quarantine, he is with his fiancée, Melissa, at his country lodge, and Melissa begins to try and have sex with him, but he doesn't feel up to it. She tells him to relax, that she will do all the work, and the next day, he awakes to find her dead and another son born to him through her. He decides to commit suicide and dresses in his military uniform, takes a rifle, and blows his head off, just as his friend, Dennis Gamble, discovers him about to take his own life.
Seconds later, his head regenerates and the alien side of him takes control (it is debatable whether or not his suicide attempt resulted in his human consciousness dying and the alien side is all there is left), with the drive to mate with as many women as possible and produce as much offspring as possible. His victims and the mothers of his children are mostly prostitutes and strippers, whom he either buries or leaves behind after they give birth to his children, taking his children back to his family barn.
He later attempts to mate with another woman he finds at a supermarket and discovers that he is being watched through a telepathic link with Eve, who was bombarded with radiation to awaken her dormant alien genes to initiate telepathic contact with him. He releases the woman and makes an attempt to get away, but is apprehended by Press and Dennis, who were looking for him.
Unable to reach Eve when brought to the facility she's kept in, he escapes and heads back to the barn, where he finds his father (who had been informed of his son's infection), who tries to help him, but Patrick kills him. Later, he helps his children transition into the cocoon stage in order to become adults and his sons would mate with the strongest women while his daughters would mate with the strongest men in order to wipe out the human race.
Later, when Eve escapes captivity, she arrives to the barn and meets with Patrick, where they engage in sexual intercourse and transform into their alien form. However, they are interrupted by the arrival of Lennox, Baker and Gamble, who infect the cocooned children with Gamble's DNA to kill them, whereupon Patrick becomes a massive, quadruped alien form and attacks the three, but then attacks and impregnates Eve after she turns on him, seemingly killing her.
Patrick is later struck with a pitchfork by Lennox, coated with Gamble's blood, and weakened by the human DNA his hybrid immune can't fight against, later falling into a bloody puddle of Gamble's blood left by his self-inflicted leg, and begins to melt away into pulp, putting an end to his reign of terror against mankind.
However, in Species III, Patrick's legacy lives on in the form Sara, his daughter with Eve, and three of his hybrid children that managed to escape the barn before they were killed. But while Sara was the result of two hybrids and was the purest of the species so far, his other children were cursed with weak immune systems that couldn't cope with common illnesses or even pollen or dust particles, resulting in rashes, sore throats, and death.
Much of the history is identical to the film, though in one scene, he finds one of the women he attempts to procreate with is a man, he gets angry and leaves. He also realizes that something is wrong with him, but can't understand what and why. In the novelization of the film, after his death, Patrick is given a funeral to remember the human that he was and not the alien hybrid that he became after going to Mars.
- "Oh God!"
- "Yes, it is!"
- "One more second!"
- "What the fuck you laughing at, bitch?"
- "Open the door. Open the goddamn door. Open it!"
- "An image that comes to my mind is looking through the portal at the blue-white globe... beautiful... so fragile, so small... And I thought to myself how easy it would be to destroy all that God has created. I think as we look to the future our greatest mission might be right here at home."
- "Dad, Help Me"
- "I think Space Flakes taste like shit"
Patrick has two types alien forms: Bipedal and quadrupedal. The bipedal form is a male version of Sil and Eve's. This form is only seen during the mating scene with Eve. However, in a deleted/extended scene of the film, this form is over the Debutante's Sister during the sexual encounter. The quadrupedal form is for combat and is more massive and brutish, like the Xenomorphs of the Alien films. In this form, he demonstrated the ability to split his head in two, thus forming a duel-headed form. He also has tentacle-like penis for impregnating females or killing. His different appearance may be due to being a former human infected with alien DNA, not a true half-alien.
The Debutante and Debutante's SonEdit
The Debutante is unique for being the first human woman to bear hybrid offspring. She had a sex with Patrick Ross. She just wanted to enjoy one night stand with Patrick. She didn't love him. Eventually, she impregnated by Patrick and gave birth to Patrick's son and died. Patrick Ross guided his son to his private place to hide.
The Debutante's Sister and Debutante's Sister's SonEdit
Melissa and Melissa's SonEdit
Eve and SaraEdit
His Other ChildrenEdit
Like with his first three sons, Patrick sired his sons and daughters with human women, killing them in the process, took them to his childhood home, and kept them safe until they were mature enough to cocoon and rebirth as adults, after which he would leave them.
- Patrick is the only known hybrid who has two types alien form; bipedal and quadrupedal. According to Giger, although Patrick had transformed into bipedal alien form, a little humanity was left within him. But he lost it and changed into a quadrupedal, alien monster form.
- During his second time having sex, Patrick seemed to pick speed and ferocity; this may indicate that the alien species has rough, quick sex with their partners.
- In an unedited scene, Patrick is seen in his alien form over the Debutante's Sister.
- Patrick is the only known human to murder a member of his family after becoming a hybrid, though whether this was intentional or not is up to discussion.
- In the novelization, after he is killed, Patrick is given a funeral to be remembered for the human that he was and not the alien hybrid that he became at the end of his life.
- Patrick is also the only known hybrid to have children that survive beyond one film.
- Patrick is the only known, male hybrid to produce hybrid offspring with multiple partners in any of the films.
- Also, in the novelization, before he closes the door to the hotel suite, he puts a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the front knob.
- In the alternate version of the DVD release of the Species II includes some deleted scenes. Three of them are just longer, alternate takes of scenes in the film: Patrick's sex encounter with the debutante and her sister; a longer dance scene in the strip club; a longer version of Patrick's attempt to slid his 'tongue' into Dr. Laura Baker's mouth. The fourth scene shows Patrick going into the apartment of a girl he picked up at a club and when he discovers that the girl is actually a transvestite he kills her.